Thursday, October 13, 2011

3-Step Fall Centerpiece and a Fun Evening

We hosted our small group Bible study in our home last night.  I had an absolute ball setting up for this yesterday.  Guess what?  I now have a picture of the yummy "Shrimp & Black Bean" salsa to show you (recipe posted on Monday's entry).  I made it for our group and, they truly enjoyed it.  You need to make it!


I created an easy centerpiece for the table and, made my "Hot Artichoke Parmesan Dip"...will save this to share tomorrow.  Delicious and, my favorite thing, easy!  


3-STEP FALL CENTERPIECE
SUPPLIES:
2 dozen small apples, 4-5 small gourds and pumpkins, a large container, 1 small glass container, 1 medium pillar candle, 1/2 yard wire ribbon




Step 1:   Place the glass candle holder with pillar candle in the center of the container.  


Step 2:   Place the apples/pumpkins/gourds around the candle holder and arrange until you like it.  =)


Step 3:   Using the wire ribbon, tie a knot around the pillar candle.   DONE!  


Looks so pretty with the candle light....


I set out a tray of red velvet, pumpkin and caramel donuts right beside the centerpiece...the donuts match the apples and pumpkins....everyone enjoyed eating donuts in the evening hours...we have a wonderful local donut shop here called Gibson's Donuts.  



One more centerpiece picture for you...


Shrimp & Black Bean Salsa ....the colors in this really POP!  **Please note:  Look back at Monday's post for this recipe and last night, I added ground sea salt (to taste) and 1 can of black eyed peas (drained and rinsed).  Serve with tortilla chips...I made a large bowl and, by the end of the night, there was not much left.  The cilantro and shrimp truly make this appetizer.






What a blessing to be in a small group Bible Study!  I love the 'community' of getting together with these couples.   Are you involved in a small group?  Ask about one at your local church, as soon as possible.  A small group can offer support through prayer and encouragement.  Such a blessing!   


Keeping Home With Flair,
Beth


Happily Linking To:


No Minimalist Here 


Somewhat Simple



Photobucket


Ginger Snap Crafts


A Little Knick Knack


Photobucket     Trendy Treehouse


Weekend Bloggy Reading

My Romantic Home
Tidy Mom

4 comments:

Robin Johnson said...

Very festive! I really like it. I may have to try something similar for my dinning room table - it's looking a little neglected.

Crafty Mischief said...

I love this centerpiece! Beautiful simpicity! I found you through Serenity Now. Thanks for sharing!

At The Picket Fence said...

Absolutely lovely centerpiece and that salsa sounds fantastic!! I'm a sucker for anything with shrimp in it. :-) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa

Megan Gunyan said...

Yum....donuts....Yum...salsa...I'm so hungry now! The centerpiece is very cute. I love apples in the fall! Again...yum!