Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Art Project Turned Into Place Mats

Late this afternoon, my four oldest kiddos needed a project.  I spread out a large piece of Reynold's freezer paper (dull side up) on the floor.  I gave them crayons and bingo ink dobbers and let them have at it.  They had such fun! 


Once they completed this art project, my daughter cut the banner in to four equal pieces.  We decided the art could double as place mats.  This is so easy and, the kids felt very proud to have their art displayed during supper.  


Hard at work...

Proud of their work...


Freezer Paper...perfect for art projects of all kinds...



LOVE THIS!!!...may frame it! 


Taking a break from painting to love on their baby sister...


Proud of their place mats...


Linking To:
Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing
Trendy Treehouse
Photobucket


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH, I love this!!! Great idea, I can't wait to do it ... If only I can remember to have freezer paper on hand!
robie

Debbiedoos said...

Those kids had a blast, it is written all over their face! Such a cute fun idea to share.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Beth, just saw your post on the newbie linkie party! Love your blog!! This looks like so much fun for the kids! Great idea! I am a newbie; and your newest follower. I hope you will follow back! God bless you!

MissPrissyville said...

"May frame it"...??? You must! It is beautiful artwork and made with sooo much love! Stopped by via Debbie Doo's Newbie Monday party! Thanks for sharing.

Gypsy Heart said...

So, so cute! These kids are adorable ~ each one has a beautiful smile, as you do too. I don't know how you do it with 5 little ones. :-)

I stopped by from Debbiedoo's and so happy to have found your blog! I'm a new follower and look forward to getting to know you. Stop by and say hi when you can.

xo
Pat
P.S. I have a giveaway going on now!