Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friendship and An Awesome Organization Tip

I have held to a certain belief about close/best friends for a very long time.  I am talking about your "besties"...the friends who are the closest "heart friends" in your life.  I truly believe that these people should not only be your closest friends, but, people that make you a better person, spurn you on to greatness, and, above all else, are friends that you admire and desire to be like.  


Why have a best friend that you don't truly admire?  Jesus spent most of His time with his twelve disciples.  They encouraged and loved one another.  They spent much life-on-life time together.  I believe that they deeply influenced one another. 


If you are blessed to have close and best friends around you....you are blessed.


My dear friend Brandi is a great example of a friend who I admire and want to be more like.  She dropped off this "happy" on my porch last week.  A wonderful color cup system for me to use with my four older children....each child has their own color and, this way, meal times and snack times are more organized.


Pink- Brooke;  Blue- Beck;  Red- Bo;  Green- Boss.  *The little orange sack is a 'happy' for me.  Sweet friend!!! 



She even took the time to write me an uplifting note.  My "Love Language" is encouraging words and, this sweet note really encouraged my day!  Ahhhh...the power of the hand written word...awesome impact! 




She placed a cute little Halloween candy in each cup, for a little surprise.  My kids loved it! 



The sweet note of encouragement.  Made my week!  



She gave me this little 'happy'.  Packets of hot cocoa and, a yummy scented fall candle.  



I love the way she placed everything in this basket.  So cute!  



This is the cocoa and candle for me....




Brandi is a FABULOUS 'systems person' and, home organizer.  Don't we all need a dear friend like this?  I have learned so much from her, over the years! 

Take time to reach out to a dear friend!  You will really be making a difference in his or her life!  Friendship is a blessed gift from God.  I am grateful for my dear friends to live life with.  

5 comments:

rachel said...

Beth, those words are just a few of the advice you gave us in encouragement group that I will never, ever forget! In fact, my best friend got married last weekend and during my matron of honor toast I quoted you as sharing that with me. Thank you for imparting wisdom that I will treasure for life!

Unknown said...

Beth, This post is fabulous! I was hanging on every word: total great idea, i love that your sweet friend gifted you with this, and I hear you on words of affirmation (although sometimes I feel its a toss up between that and gifts)! I am so so so glad you are my "friend" and I'm glady your "friend" too now!!!

Aimee @ ItsOverflowing

Unknown said...

Ha Ha ~ You have sweet B's, too!!! Love it! :)

Aimee @ ItsOverflowing

Amanda said...

Love it! What a great gift idea! Very creative and encouraging at the same time:)

Sarah @ This Crazy Blessed Life said...

What an amazing friend...and great idea!!

And thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind comment. You made my day!

Sarah @ This Crazy Blessed Life