Monday, October 10, 2011

A Fun Fall Break Trip to Arkansas

My family and I just returned from a super fun long weekend in Greer's Ferry, Arkansas.  So pretty there!  My sweet parents drove from my home town, Lake Jackson, Texas to meet us.  I took a few sweet pictures and, then, I am dying to share my Mom's amazing shrimp and black bean salsa recipe.  Really good! 


Brooke went on a golf outing with my husband and my Dad yesterday...




John and our two 3-year olds...driving the boat



Brooke and my Dad...riding on the boat...she is a HUGE fan of his!  "Papa". 


Beck caught a little fish!



Brooke is keeping up with the golf tees...



Cheering my dad on as he is teeing off...




Shrimp and Black Bean Salsa 


*This is my mom's recipe.  I have said it once and, I will say it again... she is an amazing cook!  This salsa was eaten so quickly, I could not even get a picture!  The best part?  Make it the night before and, it is good for 3-4 days!  YUM!  


1 can Ro-tel tomatoes w/ green chilis
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
2 cans mini shrimp, drained (or, use fresh boiled small shrimp, cut in half)
1/2 t. garlic powder (or more, to taste)
1 t. salt
1 t. course ground pepper
1/4 cup Wishbone Italian dressing
4 T. red wine vinegar


Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.  *Easily doubled for a larger crowd.  Chill for 4-5 hours.  Serve chilled with corn chips.  


Store leftovers (if you are lucky enough to have any!) in a plastic storage container, in the refrigerator.  


Excellent appetizer!  I hope you and your guests enjoy this! 


Thank you so much for reading my blog!!!


Living With Flair, 
BETH


Linking to:

3 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi Beth, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comments! I just love your blog! Your love for the children is evident in every picture that you post!! I am glad I found your blog!! I invite you to follow me back! God bless you!

Tonie said...

Beth I will be trying this very soon, Thanks for sharing with us.

Gypsy Heart said...

Now this is my kinda dish! Of course, I'm a fellow Texan so your Mom, Dad and I have something in common. Are you originally from Texas?

Thanks so much for sharing ~ I will definitely make this!

xo
Pat