Monday, August 1, 2011

Spills, Shattered Glass and a Curious Puppy

Whew!  Do you ever those moments when you think, "What else can happen?".  As I sit here with a cup of coffee, writing this, I am pondering the condition of my heart and, my attitude (good or bad) when "life happens".  You know...when the   unexpected twists and turns in our daily lives occur, on a scale of 1-10, do you respond well (a 10) or, like me, do you need a little sharpening in this area? 


Here are a few 'events' in my life the past four days:


Sweet Daisy.  Our 4 month old boxer puppy.  Well....she is not as innocent as she looks right here.  She knocked down (I still cannot figure out how she did it!), some rat poisoning off a high shelf in the garage last Thursday and, consumed a 1 inch corner off of the block.  I rushed her to our sweet veterinarian and, she is going to be just fine.  We are now calling her 
"Crazy Daisy"! 
Our 3 year old son has a strong right arm!  He and my other 3 year old son were playing with some large rocks at the lake this weekend and, we heard a LOUD "CRASH!"...my driver side window was shattered in a million pieces.  The crazy thing....we were leaving the lake house to drive home, 2 1/2 hours...can you say "wind blown"?  Thankfully, my husband stopped at an auto parts store and, the nice man who worked in the store, wrapped the entire window and door with Saran wrap.  We made it home easily and, after all, 
these accidents happen. 

This 'event' gave me the idea to write this post today....I was unpacking our things this morning and, felt something wet in the bottom of my daughter's bag.  My fault, I should have placed this bath soap in a Zip Lock bag...there it was, a pool of nice thick soap...

I leave you with the verse that I am 'chewing' on this morning:  Psalm 101:2 says:  I will ponder the way that is blameless. Oh when will You come to me? I will walk with integrity of heart within my house. 

This is my heart's desire...to "walk with integrity within my house".  I have a choice about how I respond in this home.  I truly believe that as women, we have MUCH influence on the tone and mood of our homes.  I ask the Lord each day to give me a calm and peaceful presence here.  I long for my children to feel unconditional love and a sense of true security.  Accidents happen, spills happen....clean it up and, get to the important tasks of each day, like, giving out lots of hugs and kisses to your children. 

My Mom has said the BEST thing to me in the past year:  An old saying, "The days seem endless, but, the years fly by."  So true!  Make each day count.   Maintain a joyful heart, no matter what! 



No comments: