Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back-To-School and Back-to-Healthy Kid Meals

My daughter started first grade yesterday and, my, how the time has flown!  We have had the neatest summer...we spent 4 weeks out-of-town and, countless hours at our local swimming pool.  We had many special moments together and, we also had very casual suppers...from the pool side grill (chicken fingers, French fries) and, eating out often while away, at the lake and the beach. 

With the start of school and hints of fall here in Memphis (our morning temperature yesterday was 67 degrees)...I am inspired to prepare weekly menus and, creative 'kid friendly' meals.  My main 'ingredient'?  I am a weeknight quick cook.  I prefer to prepare simple, healthy and fast meals.

My children devoured these easy honey and raisin carrots last night.  


Place one small bag of frozen carrots in a bowl.  Add 1/4 stick of butter, 1/4 cup of honey and 1/4 cup of raisins.  Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, covered.  The butter and honey melt into a wonderful syrup.  Toss the carrots and serve.

I buy the organic chicken nuggets from my local grocery store.  The cheese toast is simple to prepare as well....place a small hand full of grated Colby Jack cheese on a slice of whole grain bread.  Broil for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted.  Wah Lah!  Your meal is complete and ready to serve.  




My sister-in-law, Kim Holt, recently shared a wonderful meal planning website with me.  She has been raving about it!  Check it out:  E-Mealz.  Easy to sign up and, very budget friendly.  I love "tricks" for meal planning! 


Happy "Back-to-School" time!  Thank you for reading my post!  I really appreciate ya'll!  Have a great start to your fall!  







No comments: