Saturday, November 5, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness 2011: Days 4 and 5


Welcome to 30 Days of Thankfulness.  Today, I am combining Days 4 & 5, which will bring me up to speed.  This is truly the season of giving thanks and, isn't God good to give us so many blessings?

Today, I am especially thankful for girlfriends.  I really do not know what I would do without sweet friends to live life with.  

There are long-distance friends that I do not see nearly as often as I would like, but, any time we have a chance to talk, we instantly can catch up.

There are my sweet and dear, daily friends.  Oh!  What a gift!  Those rare and treasured friends who are precious to live life with me, on a day-to-day basis.  I can call and say, "I am headed to Target" or, "Please pray for my daughter, she has an ear infection"  or, even, "Can you believe this gorgeous sunny day?".  Life with "daily friends" is a gift!  

Lastly, there are old friends, those women (or men) who you have grown-up with and have known for so many years.   I think immediately of my friend Amanda Mays Childress.  She and I were born two weeks apart and, both share a May birthday.  We have been dear friends (mostly, across the miles) for 41 years!  I love her so much and, any time we have a chance to visit, I just love it! 


Proverbs 17:17 says:  A friend loveth at all times.


Which friends are you thankful for today?  Friends are a blessing for sure!  

No comments: