Friday, September 30, 2011

Perfume! Perfume! Flair for Great Scents!

I have been asked several times to blog about what brands of perfume that I prefer.  I must confess, the love of perfume was passed down to me by my late grandmother, Evelyn Roman Slagle.   I remember visiting her house, as a little girl, and, I would stare and stare at her many perfume bottles.  She was such FUN...she would allow me to sample the different scents.  She always smelled so good!  She loved perfume and, now, I am carrying on the tradition.  




These days, my 6 year old daughter, Brooke, gazes at my perfume collection and, will often ask me if she can have a squirt out of one of the bottles.  Remembering myself as a young girl, and, how much I enjoyed my grandmother's perfumes, I always tell her "of course".  


Here is my collection of perfume...I truly enjoy switching around and wearing every scent.  I love the variety...some days, I even, mix two at once.  This is a fun way to experiment with fragrance. 


My perfume 'stash'
Coco body powder by Chanel 


My Top Ten Favorite Perfumes of the Moment:

  1. 'Quelques Fleurs' by Houbigant Paris (*I have been wearing this since I was a senior in high school)....divine!
  2. Dolce & Gabbana 'Light Blue'
  3. Yves St. Laurent 'Paris'- A favorite since college
  4. 'Gucci' by Gucci 
  5. Chanel 'Coco Mademoiselle'
  6. Chanel 'Coco'
  7. Chanel No. 5- (A real timeless scent)  (Can you tell...? I adore Chanel perfumes!??)
  8. Clinique 'Aromatics Elixir'- has been around for ages, strong and distinct.  Nothing else smells like it, really great!
  9. Fresh 'Pink Jasmine'
  10. 'Juicy Couture' by Juicy Couture 
And, I can't resist sharing one more...

  11. Trish McEvoy 'Sexy #9' - a great and fresh scent

Perfumed body powder is another thing my grandmother always used.  My current favorite?  ...none other than, by Chanel: 'Coco'.  I love to use this after a good bubble bath. Treat yourself to this fabulous luxurious body powder.





No comments: