Here are my current favorite things to collect for the "Fall Pantry" (and freezer too!):
- Oatmeal- Delicious on a cold morning, don't forget the brown sugar!
- Canned chili- so good with Fritos and melted cheese! ...and a dollop of sour cream. (add salt and pepper to make it even tastier!)
- Hot cocoa mix and marshmallows (make the mix yourself with cocoa, coffee creamer and, malt---I will hunt down the recipe and post it soon!)
- Pumpkin bread mix. You can whip up a batch in a hurry!
- Canned Pumpkin- ready to go in the pumpkin bread or dozens of other wonderful recipes.
- A1 sauce- yum! Don't you love a hot steak on a cold evening?
- Refrigerated pie crust- you can whip up a hot cherry pie on a moment's notice. Also, I love quiche in the fall---invite a friend over for brunch and enjoy!
- Frozen cinnamon rolls....with coffee...need I say more?
- Apple Cider. Serve it hot with a spoon full of whipped cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Just like Starbucks.
- Cinnamon & Sugar mixed together. Perfect for making cinnamon toast. Take slices of wheat bread, add four pats of butter to each slice, sprinkle with the C & S mixture. Broil for 3-4 minutes. My kids adore this!
- Parmesan Cheese. I mix it with baking mix (such as Bisquick), coat boneless chicken strips, and, bake. * See Ultimate Chicken Finger recipe in the archives. A new staple dinner in our house.
- Flavored coffee. Love to make flavored coffee on a cold afternoon...for a quick "pick-me-up".
- Hershey kisses with caramel in the center. Oh wow! Be careful! Good!
- Orange sweet rolls. These stay in the refrigerator. Very good! These are a tradition on a fall Sunday morning. Divine!
- Brown paper bags. Cheap and, useful for everything from packing lunches to giving a friend a "fall happy". Get creative and, decorate the bags with stamps or stickers. Insert a little gift or a baked goodie, and, surprise a friend or a neighbor. *Allow your children to decorate the bags for a fun afternoon craft.
- Dried onion soup mix. Pour a package over a roast and turn on the crock pot. Add baby red potatoes, chopped celery and a chopped white onion. Cook on low for 7 hours. Oh my! The best ever!
- Caramel coffee creamer. Use in coffee (of course!) or...combine 1/2 a cup and, 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream in the blender. A wonderful "fall" milk shake. Add more coffee creamer to your taste. So good!
- Carrot cake mix. Carrot cake with cream cheese icing...a wonderful dessert for any fall evening. I am craving this right now!
Are you inspired to stock your pantry for the season? Find your own items as well. A full pantry for fall is what I call, "living with FLAIR". Enjoy! Thank you for reading my blog.
Fall Greetings To You, Beth