Saturday, September 17, 2011

My All Time Favorite Devotional Books

I wanted to share my all time favorite devotional books with you today.  I am also linking up with Kelly's Korner.  She has a neat blog feature called "Show Us Your Life".  You can truly glean all sorts of great ideas, and the topics are ongoing.  


These books are all available on Amazon.  Collect them as you can...amazing and encouraging!


Each New Day, by Corrie Ten Boom 
31 Days of Praise, by Ruth Myers 
Night Light, by Dr. James & Shirley Dobson.  A couples devotional book.    This makes a great wedding gift!  
Keep a Quiet Heart, by Elisabeth Elliot.  This is actually a book, not a devotional, per say....but, very encouraging and, I have used it, over the years, as a devotion.  The title alone is deeply encouraging.  
Growing Strong in The Seasons of Life, by Charles Swindoll.   A MUST!  I have been reading this amazing book since high school.  VERY uplifting!  A great read each day! 
Morning and Evening, by Charles Spurgeon.  A classic.  
Craving God, by Lysa Terkeurst.   Lysa is a great author....any book she has written is excellent! 
A great little book to carry around in your purse, for a quick "pick-me-up".   By Karol Ladd. 
This goes without saying....but, My Utmost For His Highest, by Oswald Chambers, is also a must!  I have treasured my copy for years and, have it marked and highlighted, many times over...wonderful!  


Please share your favorite devotional book with me, I would love to know! 


Thank you for reading my latest post.  I appreciate you so much!  Reading devotional books each day is truly living with FLAIR!  

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Hey Beth! I absolutely love reading your blog,
It's like having a part of you right here in TX with
us. I love how you share your heart, home and ideas
with us...always encouraging! I'd love to share my
new favorite devotional with you, it's Jesus Calling
by Sarah Young. It's like getting a big hug from Jesus
each time I read it! Hope you are doing well and have
a Happy Fall! Love you and miss you sweet friend!
Hugs~Laurie Van Ooyen