Asparagus is one of the best side dishes. FRESH and ALWAYS tasty!
I found this recipe in this month's COOKING LIGHT MAGAZINE. *A favorite resource for excellent and healthy recipes. Very good!
Asparagus with Balsamic Tomatoes
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic *(I use the kind in the
- produce section, in a jar)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Cook asparagus in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar; cook 3 minutes. Stir in salt. Arrange asparagus on a platter; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper.