Wednesday, March 30, 2011

FLAIR IN NEW YORK CITY- PART II

A FUN day!  New York City can truly be overwhelming unless you have a SET plan on where it is you want to go.  Over the years, I have given people my advice and plan for "ENJOYING NYC IN THREE DAYS".   I truly believe this plan WORKS because, I myself use it EVERY time I am here!  First of all, you need to know:  this CITY is IMPOSSIBLE to see in only a few days!  You could literally tour around for a month and, still have more to see!  How to keep from being overwhelmed and, feel like you MAXIMIZED your time?  Pick one area of town and, spend at least half the day there.....no zig zagging from place to place, stay PUT and, ENJOY!  


I am a traditionalist at heart and, I truly enjoy the feeling of being a "regular" at restaurants that I love.  One of my top pics for lunch?  Cafe' SFA, located on the 8th floor of one of the oldest and MOST FABULOUS department stores in the city, SAKS FIFTH AVENUE.  The designer shoes are on this same floor, gorgeous shoes + a tasty lunch, how can it get any better? 


I was thrilled to meet John Milito, Executive Chef, of Cafe' SFA today.  He was kind enough to let me to take his picture in their very updated and CHIC dining room.  Today, I dined on their wonderful QUICK PICK menu item:  a cup of Chicken Corn Chowder and a half sandwich of chicken breast with their signature mayonaise.  DIVINE!   *Thank you Chef Milito!  I have been a faithful customer for many years and plan to return,  the very next time I come to town. 


Here is my idea of a WONDERFUL day:


American Girl Doll Place at the corner of 49th and 5th.  I HAD to get my sweet girl a surprise! 

Saks Fifth Avenue!  Encompasses the entire corner block of 49th and 50th and 5th Avenue.
I scored a great new pair of jeans here today for spring....kept to my budget and, had a BALL looking around! 

The entrance to CAFE' SFA.  8th floor inside Saks Fifth Avenue.  EXCELLENT! 

Executive Chef John Milito of Cafe' SFA

LOOK at this GORGEOUS lunch plate!  I ate EVERY bite! 

AWESOME light fixtures inside ANTHROPOLOGIE  at Rockefeller Center.  An AMAZING
store for clothing AND home goods!  This store design has much FLAIR! 

One of the TERRIFIC and ARTISTIC windows at ANTHROPOLOGIE.
This amazing work of art is entirely made from wine corks! 


H&M-  Last, but, NOT least......the ICONIC clothing store STUFFED with uber chic items for a GREAT PRICE!!! H & M.  You can EASILY spend $75.00 and, pick up 5 or 6 GREAT pieces of clothing!  What a DEAL!  

FLAIR IN NEW YORK CITY~  PLEASE VISIT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!  


1 comment:

rachel said...

It looks like you're having a fabulous time!! Are you going to see any shows? (My favorite part of NYC!) :)