Monday, July 25, 2011

Cake Bites- Quick & Easy!

I too have jumped on the Bakerella band wagon.....who can resist the delightful Cake Pops that are truly delicious?


The cake pop recipe is simple....take a cake mix, bake it according to the box, and cool;  crumble it up and add a store bought can of vanilla frosting (this is the binder);  freeze the mixture for one hour; shape into balls and place on a wax paper lined baking sheet;  dip in melted chocolate (1 package of chocolate chips); decorate to your heart's content....with sprinkles or ANY thing you can invent.  Don't forget to insert the stick.....buy a package of these at Hobby Lobby or another craft store.  You may also use white chocolate chips (melted) to coat the cake pops.  Easy, cute and delish! 


Last night, I was invited to a going away party for a dear friend.  I opted to take a nap yesterday afternoon vs. bake.  I love a Sunday afternoon nap!  I whipped up a batch of my version of cake pops....I am calling them "Cake Bites".  The result turned out great and, my kids ate the extras that did not fit on my serving tray.

1) Start out by mixing up a cake mix-  I happened to have this one in my pantry. 



2)  Place batter in a mini muffin pan.  I used a tablespoon to fill up each cup. 


3)  Allow the cake bites to bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.  Let them cool and, mix up a batch of my buttercream icing:

3/4 stick butter, softened
1/2 bag of powdered sugar
1/4 cup (or a little more as needed) half n half
1 teaspoon vanilla (I use Mexican vanilla- so good!)
Mix all together using hand mixer, until spreadable.

4)  Spread the icing on each cake bite.  Melt 1/2 bag of chocolate chips in the microwave ( 1 minute, stir, 1  minute again, stir).  Once the chocolate is smooth, use a teaspoon and drizzle it across the cake bites....use a zig zag motion and, do not worry if the chocolate falls on the tray....it looks great! 



*Start to finish- less than one hour.  EASY and fun to serve!  FLAIR TIP: A sweet surprise as a gift:  Place cake bites on a sturdy paper or plastic plate;  wrap up the plate with clear cellophane (gather at the top) and tie with a wire ribbon bow.


You all have a wonderful Monday!  I am very grateful for the traffic of readers on my blog! There is rarely a day that passes, when at least one person will either tell me or email me that they read my blog.  I am deeply touched by this!  My continual prayer and hope is that my posts will encourage you and SPURN you on to keep your home/live your life, with FLAIR!  A Big Hug to All, Beth 

2 comments:

Tonie said...

Love it Beth, I will try it soon. Thanks

Amanda said...

Beth,
I met an old friend of yours last week at Pine Cove Family Camp...Jennifer Bowling. She gave me your blog address. I'd love to chat over email! I'm in Little Rock, so I'm sure we have some crossover friends...aren't y'all with the church plant? I spent this weekend in Memphis seeing my aunt, sister, and mom. Went to Ole Miss, so have tons of Memphis connections.

Would love for you to guest post for me sometime. Send me your email!
Mine is brownslr19@gmail.com
Blessings,
Amanda