1) I changed the wall paper in our hall bathroom and, painted the cabinet and sconces under the sink, a cream shade. 'SAIL CLOTH' by Benjamin Moore.
2) I hired a painter to paint the children's bathroom a bright and "happy" green. The paint shade is 'Dill Pickle' by Benjamin Moore.
3) I selected two new rug patterns and had them cut and bound for the master bath and entry hall. A wonderful place to find rugs in Memphis, TN is at Kiser's. The new rugs truly "make" the space.
4) I re-arranged the book shelf in our family room. First, remove each item from the shelves. Make a plan as to which objects you will add. Arrange the items until everything looks nice and to scale.
5) I added new decorative pillows on the master bed. The aqua blue pillows with bead work add a nice touch.
*A great way to achieve a fresh look in your home is to replace lamps or, simply, move them around from room-to-room. TJ Maxx is one of my favorite stores to find neat lamps and, at a great price point!
|I found this fabric for $12.99/yard here in Memphis, TN at Discount Fabrics on Summer Ave.|
|A second 'new' chair . The 8 X 8 decorative pillow is from Target .|
|A new area rug in the entry hall|
|A new look for a beloved chair. My Grandmother bought this for me for my first college apartment. |
This is the fifth time I have re-covered it.
|A new runner in the master bath. The geometric print is a nice touch.|
|A pair of new pillows for the master bed. The bead work adds interest.|
|I am a blue and white kind of girl. These square plates are a clean look.|
|New paint in the children's bathroom really allows the shower curtain and art work to stand out. This painting is by Paul Edelstein. A local Memphis, TN artist.|
|The new wall covering is by Anderson. The sconces were formerly an antique green. I spray painted them with cream spray paint. I used a silver paint pen to add a decorative design to each lamp.|
Take a look around your home and, implement these quick and easy ideas for giving your rooms a tidy and fresh new design. Decorating with Flair...one of my favorite hobbies.