Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Fresh Christmas Centerpiece

Hello Sweet Readers!  I am excited to share a quick, fresh and colorful Christmas centerpiece with ya'll.  I have been using fresh fruit in my Christmas arrangements my whole married life..hard to believe, almost 18 years!  Our anniversary is January 1.  I absolutely love to use fresh whole cranberries in arrangements.  So pretty and, after all, red is just about my favorite color in the whole world!  


Here is what you need: (easy!)


1 glass container 
8 lemons
2 bags fresh cranberries
7-8 tangerines
1 bunch fresh Christmas cut greenery (I bought mine at Lowe's)
1 glass votive holder
ribbon- enough to make a bow
scissors


You can do this!!!
Start with a clear glass container:



Collect the fruit you want to layer in the vase.  I selected lemons, cranberries and tangerines.



LOOK at this pretty Christmas greenery!


Fresh cranberries are a wonderful thing!  Spectacular color!


Place the tangerines in the bottom of the vase.



Add the lemons next...


Layer the cranberries over the lemons...


 Place a small glass votive holder in the middle of the cranberries.  Add water to the votive holder.



Add pieces of the Christmas greenery (into the glass votive holder) until you like the way it looks.



I am a "bow gal" and, I had to add a silver bow to this arrangement.  Feel free to leave it plain, if you are not crazy about bows.



Pretty silver ribbon...I love this bow!





My little sweet pea was sitting and watching me arrange this...complete with a little bit of vanilla wafer on her chin! 





I truly hope you will create your own fresh Christmas arrangement right away.  There is nothing like having fresh table arrangements during this blessed season.


Merry Merry Ya'll!
Beth


Linking To:
No Minimalist Here
Shabby Nest


Link Party


UndertheTableandDreaming


Weekend Bloggy Reading




shabby creek cottage

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful! I love using cranberries, too. Haven't made an arrangement like this one! Hmm...think I will!

Debbiedoos said...

So pretty! I love this idea. I opted out the giveaway because I want others to have a chance:) I do thank you for joining my newbie party and happy you have enjoyed it.