Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas With Friends

This Christmas has been one of my favorites of all time!  I have been blessed to have hosted two great events in the past few days.  Opening up our home during this season is a joy!  Today, I will feature an evening with friends, held this past weekend.  Yesterday, myself and three close friends hosted a "Mother/Daughter Cookie Exchange" here, and, I will show you this fun event, very soon. 


Christmas with Friends:


Dessert table with arrangement that I featured last week:  Pottery Barn Outlet mercury glass trees. 



The main food table.  Arrangement created by my favorite florist, Garden District, here in Memphis, TN. 




The stair case right by our front door. 


Our family room.  Ready for friends. 



The front walk way, lined with candlelight.



Desserts anyone?  Each year, I have so much fun making desserts for our friends.  This year I served:  Caramel Cake, Chocolate Layer Cake, Praline Cheesecake,  Fudge Kahlua Trifle,  Double Fudge Cheesecake and, Caramel Banana Pudding. 



Living Room coffee table. 


"Merry Christmas" corner in our den.



Entry hall table with our "Christmas Memories" books for our friends to sign in.  I love to keep a record of friends in our home each Christmas.  The candle is a scent I have burned in our home every year..."The Smell of Christmas" by Aromatique.  Divine! 



 A Sweet Friend:




Dinner is served:  Fried Catfish,  Buffalo Wings,  Chicken Pasta Alfredo, Green Beans Supreme, Sweet Potato Casserole, Au Gratin Potatoes, Sausage and Cheese platter- Memphis style, and boiled shrimp.  I do believe no person left hungry!  



Sweet Friends, we are so blessed! 





Me and four dear girlfriends.




Merry, Merry Christmas ya'll!  Christmas is a time for celebrating our Lord's birth and, a time to celebrate with friends and family.


Merry Wishes!!!
Beth


Linking To:  Savvy Southern StyleCoastal Charm,             Women Living WellBetween Naps On The Porch2805,              At The Picket FenceCommon GroundMy Romantic Home
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Merry Christmas! I'm visiting from Between Naps on the Porch. Looks like you had a wonderful holiday with friends. But man alive, I should not have read that menu this late at night, because now I am starving! Everything looks lovely. I love that arangement with the oranges and cranberries. Just beautiful.

Tardevil said...

Oh my goodness, someone knows how to cook! Please share the dessert recipes. I had Chick-fil-a for dinner and that is making me hungry! Merry Christmas!!

Alycia Nichols said...

Oh, goodness gracious...there's NO WAY anyone could have possible left there feeling anything less than loved and full!!! What a wonderful set up to welcome your friends in to celebrate the Christmas holidays! Beautiful flowers, and I really like the way the buffet floral was elevated and surrounded by votives. Very, very nice presentation! I'm visiting from Susan's Between Naps on the Porch and am very glad that I decided to pop back in to see who posted today. I try very hard to get around to each and every person's post each week. It's fun to see what everyone is creating out there! Have a wonderful Christmas weekend and a blessed and joyous New Year!

Honey at 2805 said...

Your home is so beautiful and wonderfully decorated for a beautiful Christmas!

Thank you for sharing this beautiful post at Potpourri Friday! Have a very Merry Christmas and wonderful Holiday Season!