Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Holiday Breakfast Casserole

We are staying in MYRTLE BEACH, SOUTH CAROLINA this week with my husband, JOHN BRYSON'S family.  I have been blessed to be partaking in this family tradition for 18 years.  We truly take the time to RELAX!  Lazy mornings drinking several cups of coffee, toes in the sand, family dinners and, the best part....much visiting.  I look forward to this week all year long and, let me tell you, it is worth the wait.

There are 13 cousins and, they truly have a ball being together.  My sister-in-law, Tara Bryson, surprised the children with matching t-shirts this year, what FUN!  


My dear Mother-in-Law, Patricia Bryson, is truly one of the best southern cooks I have ever known.  Nearly every time she prepares a tasty dish, I find myself asking her, "May I have this recipe?".  She is a great cook and, a truly gracious and wonderful woman.  I have gleaned much wisdom from her over the years...everything from marital advice and home keeping to raising children.  I am excited to share this WONDERFUL breakfast casserole that she prepared for us on Sunday morning.  You will LOVE this!  ...I promise! 

Photo Credit:  ALL RECIPES

HOLIDAY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE

2 pkg. (12 ounce each) sausage links
6 English muffins, cut into one inch cubes
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
12 eggs
2 cups milk
1/4 t. salt and 1/4 t. pepper
4-5 slices bacon, fried and cut up 

Cook sausage until brown.  Spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish. Layer 1/2 English muffins and 1/2 sausage.  Repeat layers.  Drizzle butter over the top.  Add cheese, onion and red pepper.  Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a small bowl.  Pour over the top of the English muffins and sausage layers. Sprinkle with cut up bacon.  Cover and refrigerate over night.  Remove 30 minutes before baking.  Uncover and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or, until a knife inserted comes out clean.  

*FLAIR TIP:  Invite a few family members or friends over for a Saturday morning breakfast and treat them to this WONDERFUL dish. Serve with fresh strawberries and biscuits with preserves.  Don't forget the hot coffee!  ENJOY!

Thank you Patricia Bryson for being my 'Mother-in-Love' and a wonderful mentor in my life.  You truly have taught me about living with FLAIR! 



No comments: