Friday, June 10, 2011

COTTAGE DESIGN- EUROPEAN FRENCH- FABULOUS!

We are on vacation, 80 miles outside of Atlanta, Georgia, at the AMAZING REYNOLD'S PLANTATION.  The cottage where we are staying is quite COZY, VERY French European and, DELIGHTFUL!  I took some pictures of our cottage to show you why I ADORE this design.  VERY old world and SO inviting!  Impeccable and well thought out spaces INSPIRE me!  I hope you can get a feel for this wonderful space. 


A gorgeous bath tub, overlooking tall pine trees
Gorgeous French sliding doors that open to the veranda 
I ADORE a cozy sitting room!  Not too big and PERFECT for a nice conversation. 
Wonderful wood beams accentuate the ceiling with a horizontal window above them.
SO southern!  Blue hydrangea bushes in full bloom right on the edge of the east porch.  I LOVE the cream painted pillars and wood work around this porch!  GLORIOUS! 
The exterior of our cottage.  
White wicker rocking chairs on the porch......I am reminded of why I LOVE the deep south!  
White wicker  furniture on the patio.....a perfect place to sit and read a wonderful novel. 
Framed botanicasl add a nice touch to the den.  Classic art at its finest. 
This den is VERY cozy and I have LOVED sitting here and rocking our 8 week old baby and,  visiting with my family.   You cannot top a cozy and comfortable space in front of a stone fire place.  AWESOME! 
Don't you always wish you could duplicate a wonderful and comfortable hotel bed?  This bed is plush and wonderful!  Goose down pillows, 600 thread count sheets and, a down comforter.......I can barely pull myself out of it each morning!  You can achieve this comfort in your own bedroom.....purchase good quality goose down pillows,  a set of 600+ thread sheets and, a down comforter.  You will be able to achieve this
SAME look and, most important, COMFORT! 
Great looking duck prints in the master bedroom.  
A wonderful crewel coverlet....folded neatly at the end of the bed.  Crewel is TIMELESS and, I love the
texture of  the design!  This pattern adds a lot of interest. 
AMAZING crown moldings over the door ways and accenting the ceilings!  GORGEOUS! 
FANTASTIC and HEAVY doors are hung throughout this cottage.....this door is the main entrance and, I LOVE how heavy it feels when you push it open or close it.  GREAT QUALITY!  TIMELESS!


No comments: