You CAN plan and host a party, long distance. My sister-in-law, Tara Bryson, and I planned the party from a distance and, thanks to her super execution.....the party was SEAMLESS! A big "thank you" to the other host couple, Mr. and Mrs. C.D. Morton.
- THE FIRST STEP: We selected a theme. Chelsea will attend The University of Kentucky in the fall of 2011. We chose this school's colors for the party decor, Royal blue and white.
- THE SECOND STEP: Order invitations. Since I live in Memphis, TN and would be driving in for the party, I offered to order the invitations. Thank you to my friend Natalie Chang for designing the adorable invitation.
- THE THIRD STEP: Decide on a menu. Chelsea requested a bar-b-q lunch for the occasion. We were happy to oblige. The food was DELICIOUS! We served: 1) Shredded pork bar-b-q 2) Fresh cole-slaw 3) Baked Beans (prepared by my Mom.in.law, Pat Bryson) 4) Chicken Strips and 5) Rolls. The food was a huge "hit". My sister-in-law, Tara Bryson, did a GREAT job of coordinating all the food!
- THE FOURTH STEP: Select a "show stopper" dessert. We hired a local baker, Denise Abraham, to bake and decorate a DELICIOUS layer cake! The cake had a UK (University of Kentucky) theme and, it tasted DIVINE!!! In fact, after the party, the hosts stood around the cake with forks in hand and, ate "leftovers"~ YUM!!! You can NOT beat a great tasting and moist cake!
- THE FIFTH STEP: Select decorations. White paper lanterns were hung in the trees. Each table had a beautiful white hydrangea bloom set in a pretty cobalt blue goblet. Simple and elegant.
|The invitations were ordered with the blue and white UK colors.|
|I could not resist sharing this GORGEOUS picture of my in-law's home. This house is next door to my sister and brother in-law on IVY HILL, in Harlan, KY. BREATH TAKING!!!|
|White paper lanterns were hung from the trees, creating a very festive look.|
|LOOK at this ADORABLE cake! Thank you Denise Abraham!|
|White hydrangeas in a simple cobalt blue goblet. PRETTY!|
|More flowers! By Henson's Florist in Harlan, Kentucky.|
|Plastic forks and knives were wrapped ahead of time. These are easily grabbed by the guests, for maximum dining.|
|The graduate, Chelsea Clem, and, her Mom (my sis in-law) Emily Bryson Clem|
|The host husbands: Left to Right: Stephen Bryson, C.D. Morton and John Bryson|
|Here I am, printing a last minute place card for the food table.|
|Buns for the bar-b-q|
|DELISH! Chicken strips that we ordered locally, EASY and, a big crowd pleaser!|
|A great idea by my sister and brother in-law, Tara and Stephen Bryson. Drinks iced down and ready to grab, in a wheel barrel. We had PLENTY of drinks on a hot summer day. A GREAT idea!|
|The food VANISHED in a hurry! Look at this 'spread'!|
|Pretty flower arrangements!|
|The guests signed in on this white picture matte with Chelsea's picture in the center. |
A great keep sake for the guest of honor!
|My dear sister in-law and co-host, Tara Bryson.|
|The honoree, Miss Chelsea Marie Clem.|
We welcomed over 75 guests this past Saturday on IVY HILL in Harlan, Kentucky and, I do believe our dear niece felt very honored. This was our ENTIRE goal!
CONGRATULATIONS CHELSEA! WE ARE PROUD OF YOU! HARLAN HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 2011.